Tuesday, January 13, 2009

chrones and arthritis?

A few months ago the joints in my hands and feet started locking up really bad. I had mentioned it to a friend when it started happening. She later told me that she was lookingf up stuff online and it said that chrones and arthritis are connected. Could that be true? I mean I guess it makes sense, Humira is a drug used for Chrones AND Rheumatoid Arthritis. So I guess since the same drug treats them than maybe the same thing causes them. But I am 19 years old could I really be getting Arthritis already? If any one knows anything about this topic please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Arthritis is a complication of Crohn's that some patients experience. From my understanding you usually have problems when your disease is flaring. My mom has Crohn's too and she has problems with this all the time. There's a lot of info on the web that goes into detail about the connection between the two.

    ReplyDelete